Library Assistant (Part-Time)
The Tofield Municipal Library is seeking an outgoing, motivated, flexible, and resourceful customer-service oriented individual. This is a part-time position (averaging 22 hours/week), reporting to the Library Manager. This position will involve a variety of afternoon and evening shifts, with weekends as required. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checking library materials in/out, processing interlibrary loans, and processing item holds.
- Registering patrons for library memberships, issuing cards, maintaining, and updating patron records.
- Accepting and receiving payments from library patrons.
- Providing library orientation for patrons, including assisting with use of all library resources.
- Aid patrons in the use of technology, including library downloads with mobile devices.
- Processing new materials.
- Assist with library programming and events, as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining library displays.
- Processing interlibrary loans, including packing and unpacking items for shipment.
- Shelving library materials, shelf reading, shifting, inventory and general maintenance of library, including tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One to two years of customer service, office, or library experience; previous library experience preferred.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to hiring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent computer and technical troubleshooting skills. Comfortable learning new technologies.
- Ability to file alpha-numerically.
Physical requirements of all library positions include lifting library materials and transit bins, reaching to place materials on shelves, pushing and pulling book carts, and frequent standing, walking, kneeling, bending and exposure to dust.
Please forward cover letter, resume, including names and contact information for three references to:
Theresa Rawe, Library Manager
PO BOX 479, 5407 50 Street
Tofield, AB T0B 4J0